Finding a local personal injury lawyer may not be as simple as you think. There are a lot of personal injury lawyers around the country and there are some large personal injury law firms that advertise nationally or regionally to attract clients from as wide an area as possible. This type of law firm does not offer personalized service; their clients become a number and often get left hanging for months not knowing what is going on with their case. Typically, they have a team of paralegal secretaries handling cases and clients don’t have access to the personal injury lawyer who will ultimately sign off on their claim.
Why choose a local personal injury lawyer?
A local lawyer is able to get more personally involved in the cases they take on. There are many advantages to choosing a local personal injury lawyer:
- Local office where you can meet or drop off documents
- Lawyer is more likely to have the time to communicate with you and offer personal service
- Lawyer is knowledgeable about your state, city, and county personal injury laws
- Lawyer has experience working with the local court system and knows the local judges and legal procedures
- Lawyer has relationships with local accident reconstruction experts and medical experts who can help prove your claim
How do I find a personal injury lawyer near me?
There are a few things to keep in mind when searching for a personal injury lawyer near me:
First, determine your needs. What type of personal injury case do you have? It could be related to a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice, or another type of incident. This will help you find a lawyer with expertise in the type of personal injury claim you will need to file.
Next, research your options.
- Use online search engines to find personal injury lawyers in your area. You can search for terms like “personal injury lawyer near me,” “car accident lawyer in [your city],” or “local personal injury attorney.” Don’t be fooled by splashy or prominent ads by big city law firms. Look carefully at each search result to make sure that you are contacting a local lawyer. Click on the “Contact” page and check for a local office address.
- Check online legal directories where you can search for lawyers based on location and practice area. Some popular directories include Justia, Avvo, FindLaw, Martindale-Hubbell, and Lawyers.com. These directories often provide attorney profiles, client reviews, and contact information.
- Contact your local or state bar association. They often provide referral services and can connect you with qualified lawyers in your area.
- Ask your friends, family members, colleagues, or acquaintances (who live in the same area) for a referral to a great local personal injury lawyer. Personal recommendations can be valuable as they come from people you trust.
- If you don’t know anyone that has experience with a great local personal injury attorney, check the lawyer’s Google reviews or reviews on sites like Avvo or Lawyers.com. Reviews can provide insights into the lawyer’s reputation and experience and how they handle cases.
Finally, once you’ve compiled a list of potential lawyers, contact them to schedule initial consultations. Look for a lawyer who provides a free or low-cost initial consultation – and has the time to meet with you. And don’t forget to ask about their local knowledge and experience!
Seek the help of a personal injury lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured because of the negligence of another, contact a local personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal rights. Let an experienced accident attorney fight for the full compensation that you deserve. It is not uncommon to receive a settlement from the insurance company that is five to ten times larger with the help of a lawyer. Call the personal injury lawyers at Tario & Associates, P.S. in Bellingham, WA today for a FREE consultation! We have been representing residents of Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island County and Snohomish County since 1979. You will pay nothing up front and no attorney fees at all unless we recover damages for you!