Why Is It Important to Choose an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney with Great Results?
All personal injury attorneys are NOT created equal. There is a whole range of attorneys out there from average to bad to great; a great attorney will have the results to prove it. In addition, experience varies widely between accident lawyers. There’s a big difference between an attorney right out of law school and one who’s been practicing for decades and has represented thousands of clients. If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney to handle your personal injury claim, there are many factors to consider but experience and proven results should be at the top of the list.
Why is it important to choose an experienced personal injury attorney?
An experienced personal injury attorney knows how to avoid common issues that can cost injury victims a fair settlement. They:
- Advise clients on how to protect their legal rights by avoiding posting anything about the accident on social media or speaking with the at-fault insurance agency except when specifically instructed to by their attorney.
- See an insurance company’s defense arguments before they are made, creating the opportunity to defend against them. A great defense means better compensation for injury victims.
- Can conduct a thorough investigation to determine fault. An experienced attorney is important because lawyers need to be able to build a solid legal argument using both statutes and case law in support of the defendant’s liability. This is especially important if the insurance company denies liability or refuses to make a fair settlement offer. Building a solid legal argument can be especially tricky when an injury attorney has to defend against claims where the plaintiff was also partially at fault for the accident.
- Have strong litigation skills, which are built up over years of practice, that are required to litigate claims effectively.
- Use effective legal arguments to prove the value of their client’s claim, which is especially important when it comes to the pain and suffering component of a settlement.
Why are injury attorney results important?
In addition to experience, results should be an important factor in choosing an attorney. Any lawyer can promise great results for their clients but without a proven track record of success, a promise doesn’t mean much.
- When choosing a personal injury attorney, ask about past case outcomes for cases with similar qualities to your own.
- Ask how many clients they have represented along with how many successful outcomes.
- Look for an attorney with great reviews so you know that others have been happy with their experience.
Seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney
If you or a loved one was injured because of the negligence of another, contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal rights. Let an experienced accident attorney fight for the full compensation that you deserve. It is not uncommon to receive a settlement from the insurance company that is five to ten times larger with the help of a lawyer. Call the personal injury lawyers at Tario & Associates, P.S. in Bellingham, WA today for a FREE consultation! We have represented over 3,000 injured residents of Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island County and Snohomish County since 1979. You will pay nothing up front and no attorney fees at all unless we recover damages for you!