Are you considering taking your case on appeal after an unfavorable outcome at trial? An experienced appeals attorney is vital to win your case. The complexion of a criminal case drastically changes when it goes up on appeal. While the skills of a trial attorney are the ability to examine and cross examine witnesses and make persuasive arguments to juries, appellate litigation is quite different. Arguments which may persuade a jury have no place in the context of appellate judges. In other words, arguments regarding factual matters and the credibility of witnesses no longer matter.
Instead, the focus shifts to highly legal arguments regarding the rulings made by the trial judge, the jury instructions and other questions of law. A good appellate attorney is a skilled brief writer who knows how to condense the mistakes made by the trial court into appealable issues.
Washington appeals attorney lawyers are experienced in handling appeals of all types of cases. They understand the complex legal process and can provide the necessary representation to protect your rights. From filing the appeal to arguing on your behalf in the Washington Court of Appeals, these experienced attorneys can help you get the outcome you deserve.
Definition of Appeals Attorney
- A lawyer who specializes in civil and criminal appeals in the Washington area
- A lawyer who is skilled in researching and analyzing legal precedent to make decisions in the appeals process
- A lawyer who is experienced in presenting and arguing appellate cases before higher courts
Benefits of Hiring a Washington Appeals Attorney
- Expertise in the appeals process, allowing for better chances of success
- Ability to research and present the best possible legal arguments
- Better understanding of the nuances of Washington appeals law, allowing for more effective legal strategies
Types of Appeals Cases
- Criminal appeals
- Civil appeals
- Administrative appeals
- Family law appeals
How to Choose the Right Appeals Attorney
- Research the lawyer’s background in appeals cases and their success rate
- Verify their qualifications and experience
- Confirm that they are familiar with Washington appeals law
- Check references and client reviews to assess the lawyer’s professionalism and effectiveness
Fortunately, the attorneys at Tario & Associates, P.S. share a wealth of experience in appellate work. Even if your trial attorney is also an experienced appellate attorney, it is often a good idea to employ a new attorney in order to get a fresh view of the case. A new attorney may see issues that the trial attorney failed to see. Consulting an appellate attorney before or during trial is advantageous if an appeal can be anticipated. An experienced appellate attorney can help preserve errors for review by an appellate court. If legal issues have not been properly preserved, appellate attorneys can prepare post-trial motions for the trial court, which may assist future appellate litigation. Call us today at (360) 671-8500 for a free consultation.