Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
No one expects or plans on suffering from a personal injury so when it happens we are often left blindsided and overwhelmed. Depending on the severity of the personal injury, you may be facing extensive healing and medical care including rehabilitation, lost wages, pain and suffering. All of these consequences cost money; hiring an experienced personal injury attorney is the best way to re-coup these expenses through an accident claim. The best part? You pay nothing upfront – the lawyer is compensated out of your settlement.
Top 10 reasons to hire a personal injury attorney
- Expert knowledge. Personal injury attorneys know how a personal injury claim works in your state, the statute of limitations, how to file paperwork with the courts and how your case should be presented for the best chance of a successful settlement.
- Represent your interests. Because compensation is tied to the size of the settlement, personal injury lawyers are highly motivated to get you the biggest settlement possible. They will accomplish this by advocating for you when dealing with the insurance agencies.
- Full evaluation of your injuries. A good personal injury lawyer will sit down with you and evaluate the entire list of damages. This can include things like mental duress and loss of consortium that you may not have even considered.
- Access to an investigative team. Most personal injury attorneys have an investigative team to help gather and assess the technical aspects of your injury in order to build a solid case.
- Gather evidence to back-up your case. A personal injury lawyer will build your case by establishing proof that the accident wasn’t your fault. Among other tactics, this is accomplished through research, document gathering and interviews.
- Experience working with other attorneys. During the fact gathering portion of a case, opposing attorneys are required to communicate by sharing facts and documents. An attorney will know best how to communicate with other attorneys.
- Alternative dispute resolution. In many cases it makes sense to settle a personal injury claim outside of court, saving time, money and emotional distress. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know when a case can be resolved out of court and will be well versed in the art of mediation and arbitration.
- Court experience. If your case cannot be resolved out of court, your attorney will develop a legal strategy to present your case in court and work to get the jury on your side.
- Bigger settlements. Research has consistently shown that people who hire personal injury attorneys get settlements several times what they could negotiate on their own, even after paying attorney fees.
- Peace of mind. When you are dealing with a personal injury you should be able to focus on your recovery, not fighting with the at-fault insurance agency. A personal injury attorney will take this burden off of your shoulders so you can get back to living your life.
If you or a loved one is dealing with an accident or injury, you have enough on your plate. Let an experienced accident attorney fight for the justice and compensation that you deserve. It is not uncommon to receive a settlement from the insurance company that is five to ten times bigger with the help of a lawyer. Call the caring accident attorneys at Tario & Associates, P.S. in Bellingham, WA today for a FREE consultation! We have been representing residents of Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island County and Snohomish County since 1979. You will pay nothing up front and no attorney fees at all unless we recover damages for you!