Unfortunately, wrongful deaths do happen. If your loved one passed away but their death could have been prevented, you may be looking to sue for damages in a wrongful death case. Accidental deaths can occur anywhere, under any circumstances. A workplace accident, a fall on city property, a car accident, a surgery gone awry, and an infection incurred during a hospital stay are all examples of potential wrongful deaths. A wrongful death attorney will help you fight for and receive compensation for your loss.
5 Reasons to Hire a Wrongful Death Attorney
1. Earn All Damages. An experienced wrongful death attorney knows the ins and outs of the laws in your state and will use them to your advantage. He or she will know what other similar cases earned in damages and fight to get you the full amount that you deserve. If the loved one who passed away was a primary breadwinner, you could be looking at millions of dollars in damages in a legitimate case.
2. Success in Court. Many wrongful death suits are filed but then settled out of court. Those that do reach court, however, must be presented in front of a judge. A wrongful death attorney will be by your side during all court proceedings to advocate for you.
3. Valuation of Damages. You may feel that you are owed damages in the wrongful death of your loved one but it would be very difficult to determine the amount that you are really owed without the help of an experienced wrongful death lawyer. Your lawyer will evaluate the particulars of your situation and compare it to other similar cases to determine an amount to pursue.
4. Claiming Life Insurance. Many insurance companies use complicated legal procedures and loopholes to try and get out of paying life insurance claims as their profitability relies on denying claims. A wrongful death attorney knows how to work around these loopholes and fight for every penny of your insurance payout.
5. Reassurance and Support. If you have lost a loved one you are likely in a fragile emotional position. Having a supportive and experienced wrongful death lawyer working for you can be very reassuring.
Every state has different laws around wrongful death including the statute of limitations to file a claim. Filing a medical malpractice claim is a complicated matter and should be left to a legal professional.
Losing a loved one is always difficult but if you believe they passed away in a wrongful death you are dealing with even more. It is wise to seek the professional guidance of a personal injury attorney who can help you determine whether you can bring a wrongful death action and estimate the damages to which you might be entitled. The caring attorneys at Tario & Associates, P.S. have the expertise to fight for the compensation you deserve and the compassion to help walk you through your situation. Do not wait until the Statute of Limitations is almost up; call today for a FREE CONSULTATION!