Unfortunately, wrongful deaths do happen. If your loved one passed away but their death could have been prevented, you may be looking to sue for damages in a wrongful death case. Accidental deaths can occur anywhere, under any circumstances. A workplace accident, a fall on city property, a car accident, a surgery gone awry, and an infection incurred during a hospital stay are all examples of potential wrongful deaths. A wrongful death attorney will help you fight for and receive compensation for your loss.
5 Reasons to Hire a Wrongful Death Attorney
1. Earn All Damages. An experienced wrongful death attorney knows the ins and outs of the laws in your state and will use them to your advantage. He or she will know what other similar cases earned in damages and fight to get you the full amount that you deserve. If the loved one who passed away was a primary breadwinner, you could be looking at millions of dollars in damages in a legitimate case.
2. Success in Court. Many wrongful death suits are filed but then settled out of court. Those that do reach court, however, must be presented in front of a judge. A wrongful death attorney will be by your side during all court proceedings to advocate for you.
3. Valuation of Damages. You may feel that you are owed damages in the wrongful death of your loved one but it would be very difficult to determine the amount that you are really owed without the help of an experienced wrongful death lawyer. Your lawyer will evaluate the particulars of your situation and compare it to other similar cases to determine an amount to pursue.
4. Claiming Life Insurance. Many insurance companies use complicated legal procedures and loopholes to try and get out of paying life insurance claims as their profitability relies on denying claims. A wrongful death attorney knows how to work around these loopholes and fight for every penny of your insurance payout.
5. Reassurance and Support. If you have lost a loved one you are likely in a fragile emotional position. Having a supportive and experienced wrongful death lawyer working for you can be very reassuring.
Every state has different laws around wrongful death including the statute of limitations to file a claim. Filing a medical malpractice claim is a complicated matter and should be left to a legal professional.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, you have enough to deal with. Let an experienced accident attorney fight for the full compensation that you deserve. It is not uncommon to receive a settlement from the insurance company that is five to ten times bigger with the help of a lawyer. Call the caring accident attorneys at Tario & Associates, P.S. in Bellingham, WA today for a FREE consultation! We have been representing residents of Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island County and Snohomish County since 1979. You will pay nothing up front and no attorney fees at all unless we recover damages for you!